The Family Selection Committee looks at three factors when choosing families for participation in the program…
- Need for better housing:
For example, living in rundown conditions or in a dangerous area or paying too much for rent.
- Ability to pay the monthly mortgage:
Monthly expenses must be manageable and family income must meet HUD income guidelines (at right).
- Willingness to partner with Habitat:
Must be willing to complete Sweat Equity hours, make monthly payments on time, and attend Habitat activities.
How do I get started?
If you think you meet the qualifications then the next steps are simple…
You can contact us or we will be hosting an open house at the Logansport Public Library on Thursday, April 19 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM. HFH board members will be there to answer questions and distribute applications. HFH is working to secure a partner family for a home in Logansport that is currently under construction.
Homeowner selection is based on the following.
- The applicant’s level of need.
- The applicant’s willingness to partner with HFH.
- The applicant’s ability to repay the mortgage through an affordable payment plan.